Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We are open for business! We would like to reassure all of our members that our facilities follow the strictest hygiene standards and are still safe to visit unless otherwise advised.
Please read the following important information regarding COVIDThe Centre is working to ensure the health and safety of all patrons and staff is maintained. We want to address the growing fears around the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and share with you the information we have at the current time.
We are working to ensure our centre remains a safe place to visit and work. The health and safety of our community is our main priority, we always uphold a high standard of hygiene within the centre, however are taking extra precautions during this time.
We hope you will do what you can to take care of yourself and those around you, we also encourage you to use and support our community facility with confidence while it is safe to do so.
Please see the latest update on the situation below.
Remember is you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of the flu, cough or cold to please remain away from the centre until you are feeling 100%.
Opening Hours remain the same
Monday / Wednesday / Friday
06:00 am - 08:00 am
03:00 pm - 06:00 pm
Tuesday / Thursday
03:00 pm - 06:00 pm
Saturday / Sunday
10:30 am - 05:00 pm
Update - 29/03/2021
❗ IMPORTANT GUEST & MEMBER UPDATE ❗
As per QLD Health directive, From 5pm 29 March 2021, relating to facilities outside Greater Brisbane.
- You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, such as:
- cafés areas (not required for patrons while seated; customer facing staff only)
- indoor recreational facilities and gyms (except if doing strenuous exercise*)
- It is strongly recommended you wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people, such as busy walkways and thoroughfares.
- Masks do not need to be worn in some circumstances, including children under 12 years, where people have certain medical conditions, and in workplaces where it is not safe to do so.
- You can remove your masks to consume food or drink.
*Strenuous exercise is exercise in or above the aerobic zone including high-intensity interval training, cycling, running.
This period is subject to change in line with revisions from the State Government. Learn more here.
For full information, please refer to our website and check your email inbox for updated advice coming soon.
Let's work hard, together as a community to stop the spread! We look forward to seeing you and enjoying our facilities under these guidelines.
Update - 18/12/2020The State Government and health officials have imposed new border restrictions as a result of the growing
coronavirus cluster in Sydney's Northern Beaches. Effective immediately (18.12.20) anyone travelling or
travelled since Dec 11 from the NSW hotspot areas will need to be tested and self-isolate for two weeks.
This includes visitors and residents returning home.
For the health and safety of our guests and visitors we ask these restrictions to be followed. If you are
feeling unwell or showing flu like symptoms to please get tested and not travel. If this impacts your plans or any planned visit to our venue, please contact our staff to discuss your options.
For full info and specific hotspot areas please click here
Update - 19/03/2020 11:00am
As the COVID-19 situation evolves at a rapid rate, we continue to closely monitor the situation. This morning Prime Minister Scott Morrison addressed Australia with updated Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures, to further protect Australians. These measures came into effect at 5pm (AEST) today.
The key measure which relates to health, fitness and leisure facilities includes:
‘Settings like gyms, indoor fitness centres and swimming pools are not required to close at this time providing they meet these requirements for social distancing and hand hygiene. Such venues should take actions to ensure regular high standards of environmental cleaning take place.’
In line with this measure, the following measures must be practiced by all who visit our Centre, including our staff:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between patrons
- Keep up high hygiene practices, including using hand hygiene products and suitable waste receptacles need to be available, with frequent cleaning and waste disposal.
It’s important to remember that maintaining our physical and mental health is extremely important on an ongoing basis.
Additionally, we’d like to remind you that the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene are being maintained within our facilities. This includes:
- Updated signage: we’ve updated in-centre signage to include the latest information and hygiene practices as advised by the Australian Government
- Additional cleaning of the facility throughout the day; including frequent sanitisation of equipment, surfaces, bathrooms and other areas.
- Additional sanitisers and antibacterial products for your use
- Daily staff meetings, ensuring everyone is up to date with the latest information
Thank you for your support and we will continue to keep you updated with any changes and developments as they occur.
Update - 17/03/2020 5:00pm
Our Centre is open for business!
We have been closely monitoring the escalating coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our community and across the country.
We would like to reassure all of our members that our facilities follow the strictest hygiene standards and are still safe to visit unless otherwise advised. However, we are aware of the potential for an infection within our facility and would like to update you on the precautionary measures that we have taken within our facility.
We understand that some of these measures may be inconvenient, but they have been put in place to ensure that we are doing everything possible to proactively prevent an outbreak within our facility.
Please note that the measures listed below are being reviewed on a daily basis in conjunction with advice from the government and World Health Organisation.
Hygiene Action Plan
- Signage in facilities displaying up-to-date health alerts, hygiene advice and other essential information
- Showering and washing prior to entering the pool
- Please use hand-wash facilities in the bathroom
- For anyone experiencing flu, cough and cold symptoms, we ask that you refrain from visiting the facility.
- If you did visit the facility when you were unwell, we ask that you advise the facility manager by phone or email.
Thank you for your cooperation and for respecting our responsibility to minimise risk of transmission within our facility to our team and members.
Frequently Asked Questions Expand all
What are we doing to minimise health risks in-Centre?
The Centre will be vigilant in implementing infection control procedures including daily cleaning in accordance with normal protocols, the promotion of healthy hygiene habits and will make hand sanitiser available for staff and patrons to use while using the Centre.
What information and advice will help our members?
For now, the best advice is to follow some simple steps to help slow the spread of the virus and to reduce the risk of infection.
Follow the information and tips to help improve your safety and wellbeing, from Department of Health website
If I have or am undergoing a period of self-isolation, what happens to my membership?
If you are showing symptoms or have been recommended by a Health Professional to self isolate, you should be staying at home and minimising contact with others. Please contact the Centre team to discuss managing your membership where you are uncertain of your options.